1) What is the water absorption?
Ans. 5-7 %
2) What is the compressive strength?
Ans. Above 6 N/mm2
3) What is the density?
Ans. Between 1800 kg/m3 and 2000 kg/m3
4) How Many Pieces in one cubic meter?
5) What should be used to join the blocks?
Ans.* Normal Cement –sand- water mixture
6) Will Crack develops on the wall after plaster?
* Ultratech Fixoblock
Ans. Negligible / NIL
7) Will there be effloresce on the wall?
8) Are the brick and block Load bearing?
9) Does the plaster stick to the block?
Ans. Yes, Due to the rough finish
10) How much should be the thickness of the plaster?
Ans. *7-9 mm for brick
11) What is Fly Ash block?
*4-5 mm for blocks
*4 mm gypsum plaster also recommended
*For blocks you can directly do plaster of Paris, No need for cement Plaster.
Fly Ash Blocks are the highest strength blocks are the lowest economical solution for Outer and internal Partition walls in all type of buildings. The Most preferred blocks for building foundation, Boundary walls and industrial structures. The life of Fly Ash block is forever until the building structure is standing till the life of the building.
12) Is Fly Ash block safe and time tested?
In most developed countries Fly Ash Block is used for more than 75 years. It confirms to the highest Green building Norms. It has the highest strength in the industry, Highest Longevity and confirms to very high fire safety norms. It is made from non-toxic ingredients using methods that are not only within the industry norms but also within the ecological norms. Expert testing has proven that it is non-hazardous. It is safe to use and it is safe to produce.
13) How do I ascertain the quality of Fly Ash Block?
Fly Ash blocks are manufactured in the fully automatic German Plant resulting in consistent quality always. These are supplied only after exhaustive laboratory and plant trials. To ensure consistent quality, incoming raw materials are regularly tested.Compressive strength of blocks can be tested through both, third party laboratories as well as in house.
14) How Fly Ash Block wall masonry is cost effective in comparison to brick wall masonry?
Fly Ash Bricks, Blocks are Accurate size Compare to traditional bricks which results in Major saving in thickness of plaster. Fly Ash block requires only 5mm plaster compare to 10 to 15 mm wall. This leads to substantial saving in cement due to fewer joints. Since Fly Ash blocks are factory manufactured, they tend to have a better finishing and are manufactured very precisely to the specifications. Due to the larger size, construction is faster and Labor cost is comparatively lower. These are manufactured in a very high quality German machine. We also have the highest Range of Fly Ash products resulting in very precise requirement as per the customer’s need.
15) How is concealed wiring installed in Fly Ash walls?
The process is very easy. After the walls are built the electrician draws out where the wires will go.A manual or electric router is the used to carve out the channels. After the electrician is done with the installation of the wires regular plaster can be used to fill it up and a smooth finish can be given to it. Given the composition of Fly Ash blocks this process is quick and easy. If in future any changes are required they can be easily made.
16) Why is Fly Ash Block considered as a Green Building product?
Eco- Friendly: Fly Ash product are very environment friendly , it prevents air , water and land pollution and protects the earth by using waste material to manufacture finished products.Approx 70% Of the Raw Material used to manufacture Fly Ash products is aggregate, dust and fly ash which is waste products. This confirms to the highest green building rated certification across the world.
Non-polluting Manufacturing:No smoke, solid waste, wet waste, plastic waste, and chemical wasteis released in the atmosphere. Waste, if any is reused.
• Fly Ash Blocks requires lesser number of joints ensuring less usage cement.
• The shape and size of the blocks are consistent and hence only 5 to 7 mm of plaster is required, thus saving plaster cost by 100% compared to its traditional counterpart.
• Variety in sizes of blocks helps in increasing the carpet area.
• Wall painting and plastering last longer since efflorescence does not affect Fly Ash block. This translates into lower maintenance costs.
17) What is the thermal performance of a wall incorporating Fly Ash blocks?
This depends on the type and thickness of materials used to construct the wall, including and airspaces. Fly Ash hollow block is the best option. Hollow block is a modern product which is in demand now days. For outside walls we recommend thermal insulation hollow blocks which confirms to the highest thermal performance rating in the wall resulting in substantial saving in the air conditioner energy cost.
18) What is the life expectancy of Fly Ash block work?
Traditional bricks are normally assumed to have services of 60 years.Fly Ash block is normally assumed to have service life is till the life of the building. Thumb rule the life or block would be same as the life of Column, beam and floor slabs as the same material is used to manufacture the bricks / blocks .
19) Other Advantages
20) What are the benefits are the benefits of using Fly Ash blocks over poured Concrete foundation walls?
• Factory Made Fly Ash block are Pre cured blocks which results in walls traditionally take less time to complete especially when the time taken for curing poured Concrete is factored. It also increase the Quality of Blocks.
No shuttering is required resulting in very fast construction and lower labor cost.
It is very easy to fix cladding on Fly Ash blocks.
• With block walls, the quality of Fly Ash masonry units is controlled by the manufacturer. Than a poured Concrete basement. When Concrete is poured in forms, the Fly Ash will shrink as it dries in natural environmental conditions. The warmer it is during drying, the worse the cracking will be. According to the CMHC (Community house middle school, USA), over 90% of complaints for foundation walls were related to these types of cracks and the associated water leaks.
21) What is the strength (Load Bearing Capacity) Of the Paver?
• Pavers can be manufactured in various strength 30 N/mm2 to 70 N/mm2 depending on the application. If in capable to with stand extreme high loads of heavy vehicle in container yards, Railway yards & also decorative purpose in the housing and commercial use.
22) How to remove the stain on the paver?
• The Oil & dense stain can be easily removed if it cleaned immediately. If the Stain become dry than simply remove that paver & replace with a new piece of paver.
23) What is Efflorescence?
• Efflorescence is a whitish powder –like deposit that sometimes appears on Concrete. Efflorescence will usually wash and wear off over time.
24) What if I don’t want to wait. Is there another option?
• Yes, could speed up the process by using a mild solution of muriatic Acid and water 10-20 parts water to 1 part Acid is a good starting point. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions because acid be harmful.
25) Where do I start the treatment?
• Try it out on a small unnoticeable area first to ensure the results are acceptable. Be sure to keep track of how long the acid is on the Fly Ash! The length of time the acid is in contact with the Fly Ash can affect the result. Also be sure to have a rinse hose at the ready.
26) How often does this need to be done?
• Most cases of efflorescence occur while the product is packaged and won’t occur again once the product has been installed.
27)Is there a warranty for efflorescence?
• No. efflorescence is not a warranty claim because it is a naturally occurring phenomenon that will wear off over time, or that can be removed.
28) Will the color last as long as other products that have the color completely through the paver?
29)Why is there only a color layer?
• Having a layer of color is more efficient and uses less resource in the production process, thus lowering the carbon footprint.
30)Why should I sweep in jointing sand after the installation is complete?
• Jointing sand (any fine sand i.e., Play sand) will bond your laying pattern your laying pattern and help prevent weeds from growing in the joints , it also increases the stability of the driveway.
31)Which color pigment do you use?
• We use very well known German Pigments brands which has the longest color life.